- Before your first session, you will be asked to complete a health intake form.
- Your therapist will conduct a short interview before the session to learn how you are feeling and what your needs are for this session. You will then work together to determine the treatment plan for that session.
- Your therapist will leave the room to provide you the privacy to undress down to your comfort level, (underwear on or nude are acceptable for table massage; loose, comfortable clothes are worn for Thai massage) and will knock on the door first to make sure you’re ready.
- Modesty and boundaries are highly respected. You will be completely draped throughout the session except for areas being actively treated. (Thai massage is done completely clothed on the mat, Reiki is clothed on the table).
- Your therapist may check in during the session to ask how the pressure is working for you; any feedback will improve your overall experience.
- When the session is over, your therapist will leave the room for you to get dressed and we will check in after to see how you are feeling and to discuss future treatments. We encourage clients to ask any questions about the treatment process and to voice if something is uncomfortable.
- Arrive for your Reiki session dressed comfortably, be prepared to remove your shoes and for added comfort you may wish to remove chunky jewelry, belt, glasses, etc to be as comfortable as possible during your session.
- The most common session of Reiki is with the client laying flat on their back, so a hairstyle free of hair accessories is recommended.
- Your practitioner will conduct a short interview before the session to learn how you are feeling and answer questions you may have about Reiki.
- Prior to your arrival the Reiki room will have been treated with a variety of aroma therapy options in preparation for your arrival. Although no product will be applied directly to your body/skin your sense of smell will be apart of the session as essential oils, special incenses and the burning of sage (or some combination) will be a part of your session. ***If you have any sensitivities to smells, for your best session, we request you notify the Reiki practitioner directly at least 24-hours prior to your session via email at: SacredHeartSerenity@gmail.com.
- Additional tools your practitioner may use during your session include laying on of crystals.
- Conversation is likely and welcomed throughout the session, however you will likely find yourself in a very quiet place within yourself as Reiki can be similar to a meditative experience.
- When the session is over, your practitioner will gently voice the session is complete and allow you a moment to gather yourself as you sit up on the table. Your practitioner will ask how you are feeling and discuss future treatments as needed once you are ready to talk.
CHI NEI TSANG
- You will be given an intake form and asked a series of questions before beginning.
- Wear comfortable clothing. You will remain fully clothed with only your abdomen exposed during the entire session.
- Most sessions start out with deep breathing exercises. A Chi Nei Tsang session is gentle work and deeply relaxing.
- Most people fall asleep or “zone out”. Conversation is kept to a minimal as the client goes inward and processes the session.
- We recommend not eating or eating a small meal before the session.
- After the session, the therapist will leave the room while you take a moment to breathe and get off the table.